Our hospice admission process for admitting a chronically or terminally ill patient into hospice is very simple
We understand the worrisome burder you have as a family member. Trust us to make your situation as peaceful as possible for your and your loved one.
We must first receive an order from the patient’s doctor. If the doctor has recently seen the patient, it’s as simple as having the doctor fax an order to us that states Hospice Evaluation and Admit along with supporting documentation by an MD, multiple MD’s, hospital, etc. that would qualify a patient for Hospice (Certification of Terminal Illness of 6 month or less).
• Home MD’s will not see patients for Hospice Assessments. A Nurse can assess a patient for Hospice without an order BUT there must be an established MD willing to write Hospice order and substantiate the Hospice diagnosis (MD office notes, hospital records).
• A patient or caregiver can sometimes put in a ‘self-referral’ but will mostly depend on each individual’s situation.
Once the order has been submitted, an RN (Registered Nurse) will look over the patient’s medical history. Upon visiting the patient in home to make an assessment, the nurse will create a care program for the patient.
The care program schedule will vary per patient. Because of this, we can never give visiting frequencies for any of our clinicians as it is misleading to patients and their families. Some of the personnel that may visit the patient include:
• CNAs (Certified Nursing Assistants) as per the Care Plan created by the Nurse.
• The Registered Nurse will visit to assess the patient’s care needs, make adjustments and recommendations as needed.
• Social Workers and Chaplains are also a part of the Care Team.
Licensed and Caring Staff
Patients of Open Arms Hospice are cared for by fully licensed and experienced staff members committed to providing the highest quality end-of-life care to you and your loved.
Family Support Resources
At Open Arms Hospice, our staff of emotional, educational, and spiritual support team members provides a variety of counseling and social services to the family of our patients. We know the importance of not just providing compassionate care to our patients, but to their loved ones as well.
Quality of Life Focus
We believe every day is a gift and Open Arms Hospice is committed to maximizing the quality of life of our patients. It’s the commitment of our staff to ensure that every day is as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.